Skip to main content

Panera's Cream Cheese Potato Soup


This is my favorite recipe for potato soup. It's a copycat of the one they use to serve at the St. Louis Bread Company (Panera). The recipe originally called for shredding your potatoes, but I never could get them to cook that way. I know they should cook faster, but I never could get it to work.

INGREDIENTSNutrition

 4-6 US
  • 4cups chicken broth
  • 4cups peeled and cubedpotatoes
  • 1⁄4cup minced onion
  • 1⁄2teaspoon seasoning salt
  • 1⁄4teaspoon white pepper
  • 1⁄4teaspoon ground red pepper
  • 1(8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into chunks

DIRECTIONS

  1. Combine broth, potatoes, onion, and spices.
  2. Boil on medium heat until potatoes are tender.
  3. Smash a few of the potatoes to release their starch for thickening.
  4. Reduce to low heat.
  5. Add cream cheese.
  6. Heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick Chicken Cassoulet

Mexican Rice

Chicken with Roasted Garlic Sauce

Chicken Piccata Pasta Toss

Chicken, Shrimp and Andouille Jambalaya